CHECKING IN / CHECKING OUT
Mon, Wed, Fri 9 am - 1 pm & 5 pm - 7 pm
Tues, Thurs 9 am - 1 pm
Sat, Sun 11 am - 4 pm
CatNap is open seven days/week for your convenience, and it is important we keep business hours. Yes, there is someone here when we are closed, but there are many things to accomplish in these few hours. Our guests need time to sleep peacefully in the afternoons, and we do office work, get supplies, clean, etc. This time is also used to groom, trim nails and tend to the well-being of our guests. We ask you respect our hours of business and we will work efficiently to respect your time in return.
Please note: We do not check in or check out guests on holidays.
CatNap Requires Appointments. We are a small facility that prides ourselves not only on the treatment we offer our guests, but also in the relationships we develop with our clients. Appointments avoid you getting blocked in as parking is limited, and gives us time to complete paperwork and ensure you are satisfied with everything before you leave. Please, be respectful to the time of others and be on time yourself.
You can save time by being prepared and we can fill out much of the paperwork before you come. In addition to what is mentioned above, be prepared to answer the following questions upon checking in:
- Do you have any special requests?
- How does Kitty like to play?
- Kitty’s general likes and dislikes?
- Is the any medical or behavioural history we should be aware of?
- Is Kitty a good eater?
- Describe Kitty’s personality in three words or less.
Before you Reserve
All guests must be spayed or neutered.
- Vaccinations: Proof of protection against 'FVR, Calici virus and Panleukopenia' (collectively referred to as 'upper respiratory') and 'Feline Rabies' unless otherwise advised by your veterinarian. If you cannot find your vaccination certificate or receipt a call from your veterinarian is acceptable.
- If not already current, it is recommended that Kitty is updated a minimum of two weeks prior to visiting CatNap.
- Do not re-vaccinate or over-vaccinate. Consult your veterinarian if you are unsure of Kitty’s status.
- Some elderly cats may not require certain vaccinations. Contact CatNap for details.
- Flea Treatment: All cats living with a dog and/or that go outside (even if it is only for five minutes on the deck) must be current with veterinary approved flea treatment from a minimum of April to November.
It is strongly recommended that all cats, indoor or not, be on a flea treatment program. To date, not one guest has gone home with fleas, but protection is the responsibility of the caregiver. CatNap Cottages does flea checks on all guests. If fleas are found there is a substantial cost to the caregiver. Ensure that your cats are free of fleas.
- Booking Deposit: CatNap requires a $70.00 deposit to reserve space for one or two guests of the same family and a $95.00 deposit for three or more guests of the same family. The deposit is required to hold the reservation and is non- refundable if cancelled. Therefore, the reservation is not confirmed as booked until the deposit is processed. You are encouraged to call or email to ensure your reservations and/or booking deposit has gone through. For your convenience, however, CatNap will confirm all reservations made one to three weeks before the check in date. If you have not heard from us, we have likely not received your reservation request and/or the booking deposit. Because the booking deposit policy details that the reservation is not booked until the payment is processed, CatNap is not able to take temporary bookings.
- Length of Stay: CatNap requires that payment is collected for the length of stay booked. For example, if a booking made for 14 days is changed at any time after booking (before check in, during Kitty's stay,etc) to 12 days, the bill will reflect a 14 day stay. Kitty may still come in later or go home earlier than anticipated, but charges will reflect the length of stay that was originally booked.
- Pricing: It is very difficult to include pricing on our site, as we strive to keep fair to a wide variety of situations. Level of care required, length of stay, family size, etc., all affect the cost. Please email or call us with details of your Kitty or family and we will happily give you our rates.
HINT: Several flea treatments found in pet stores may be toxic to Kitty and have limited efficacy. Treatment should be year round. An infestation may begin in winter months when dormant flea eggs are distributed by an unprotected Kitty.
Please fill the reservation form and download, print, sign and date the accommodation agreement below to get your reservation started.
"I just wanted to tell you how thankful I am for the extraordinary care you gave Sonny. It's like he has been to a spa. He lost a bit of weight and his fur is so healthy. He is also so active and youthful looking... And he really loves his toys--thanks so much! I'm so happy he has adjusted. Thanks so much for your compassion and love towards him."